Presbyterians in Peru

A blog chronicling the adventures of the mission team from First Presbyterian Church in Burlington, North Carolina.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

¡Bienvenidos!

Hello, everyone.

I imagine that most folks who would find themselves here would know me, but - just in case - my name is Stuart, and I'm a member of First Presbyterian Church in Burlington, North Carolina. This Saturday, July 16, I - along with several other folks from FPC - will be traveling to Moyobamba, Peru, to do mission work. For the first week, we will be traveling to towns around Moyobamba to host free medical clinics for the people there, as well as helping to lay the foundation for a Presbyterian church near Moyobamba. After this first week, most of the team will return to the states; however, four of us who are college-age will be staying in Peru for an additional two weeks, working to set up a computer lab using computers which have been donated and teaching folks how to use these new computers.

I've set up this blog so that I can relay my experience with family and friends at home, and hopefully it will be a vehicle for our church family to read up on the adventures of all of us travelling to this beautiful country. Perhaps some of my colleagues would like to post their own thoughts as we step through our journey. We will see as time passes.

In any case, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers - and please keep in touch! At the bottom of this entry is listed the current number of comments received. If you feel so inclined (and I hope you do), you may add your own comment by clicking this number. It will appear at the bottom of each entry - and copious entries demand copious responses. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Grace and peace to everyone in the days to come. Current countdown to departure is five days!

Happy trails -
sch

2 Comments:

  • At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You'll be in my prayers for safety and having a Spectacular time!

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greetings FPC family!
    You are in my prayers as you continue your journey of mission in Peru.

    Remeber to bring back lots of great things to sell for our Rally Day Mission Fair. A great way to raise awareness and money!

    I am enjoying your blog and can't wait to hear about your trip when you return.

    Blessings, Sarah Christie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home