Presbyterians in Peru

A blog chronicling the adventures of the mission team from First Presbyterian Church in Burlington, North Carolina.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Another restful day

Greetings again to everyone.

Earlier this morning, I realized that time never passes the way we think it should. Always we comment that time passes so quickly, or that it has been a long day or a long week. Never do we say "Can you believe how normally time is passing? It's incredible!" I say this only because, as I began to write, it felt as though it had only been a few minutes since I last wrote to you.

Today has been nice and relaxing. We did get up this morning to see the folks returning to the States off. It was a sad affair! It is sad to see such a good group go. But it is still exciting to be here for another two weeks and do more work and experience more. Lots to learn, of course: I am going to do my very best to get those who speak English to STOP speaking it to me!

Otherwise, today has been restful and easy-going. We did try to see the parade for Moyobamba's anniversary, but the rain made the idea less attractive. We headed home, stopping in to visit with Leslie and Robinson's cousin Daniel along the way, and spending most of the day resting, talking, playing card games, reading. As it turns out, Robinson is quite the poker player (fret not, we played with candy)!

Tomorrow our work in Yantaló begins, and I am excited to be beginning. And I will certainly keep you updated as we continue here. Grace and peace to everyone.

Happy trails -
sch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home